Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hawaiian-ish Flowers

I've found a fab four-step tutorial to making gorgeous Hawaiian Flowers. Sarah London's work is so colourful and that's what has really attracted me.

My version is made using just red, white and black yarn, as that's all I have right now! But the effect is still great. I need to get my hands on some decent yarn, as the stuff I'm using is not so good. Unfortunately, I'm not sure of where I can get it easily in Mumbai!

So anyway, here are the links to Sarah's tutorial:
Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
Step 4

Now, this pattern is written in UK/AUS terminology - and that's quite important to know, or like me you'll end up with a Frankenstein flower rather than a Hawaiian one. It was only as I reached Step 3 that I realised that Sarah was speaking non-American!. It turns out she's an Aussie making an American flower, and although I'm English and should embrace all things UK, I learnt my hooking on-line with American terminology! No wonder I got confused :P

So what you can see here is what I made AFTER I'd undone all my hard work and started again... Well nearly, you'll notice the black ring's still a bit too chunky!


The other thing I really need is a decent camera, rather than the one on my phone! Stuff to work on I know :D

Anyway, I'm not sure what to do with my flowers. There not good enough for a big flowery blanket or anything like that, so I'm thinking about sewing them onto a beige bag I have and use for work. One side's got a cute doggie on it, but the other side could do with brightening up.


If anyone would like to send me any top quality yarn of all shades of the rainbow, then please let me know and I'll give you my address ;D

Off now to hook some more...

No comments:

Post a Comment