Sunday, October 3, 2010

The world of Granny Squares and Cherries

So after my foray into the art of doggie collar making, I decided to expand my crochet skills slightly. After a quick search around the internet, I found myself watching quite a few cool videos at Instructables. And so began my journey into the world of Granny Squares.

Here's the video I watched, and yes, it's really a man doing the crocheting. My version took a little while to do, coz I kept making silly mistakes (but that's what learning's all about!) and having to undo and redo sections.

After I finished with one Granny Square, I decided that Granny Squares can wait until... well, whenever.


I don't have enough patience to do these - I want stuff that I can finish quite quickly. So I turned my Granny Square into a coaster, and found some other cute stuff to do...

Which brought me to Cherries... They're so cute!


And so I've been inducted into the world of Amigurumi... more cute stuff soon :D

 id=

2 comments:

  1. I adore those cherries! They are sooooooo cute! Welcome to the addictive blogger world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    I love your blog... and you're right - it's sooooo addictive, my whole Sunday goes on reading so many wonderfully inspiring blogs if I'm not careful!

    ReplyDelete