Saturday, October 2, 2010

Welcome to Claire's Crochet Quest...

I've been absolutely fascinated with many blogs from crafty people all over the world, so much so that I've been inspired to take up crochet! My Grandma (may she rest in peace) would have been proud of me :)

So anyway, I've been busy these last few days, getting the necessary materials and watching videos on line and downloading pdf files about 'How to Crochet' - and I'm hooked (pun intended).

So I've made a few things now, but this collar, for my dog Coco, was the first thing I made.


Collar:
Row 1: Ch 6, sc into 2nd ch from hook, continue to sc along rest of row. Turn.
Row 2 - last row: Ch 1, sc into 2nd sc from hook, continue to sc along rest of row. Turn.
Make it long enough for your doggies neck!
Button Hole: Ch 1, sc into 2nd sc from hook, sc into next st, ch enough to just fit over the button you're using, sc into 4th sc in row, sc into last st, sl st, end.
Sew button onto non-loop end of collar - fasten to doggie.


My stitches were too loose, which means that the whole thing has stretched out significantly, so I've ended up shortening it twice! Coco doesn't mind, coz she looks pretty.

The button I used had fallen off an old cardigan of mine. I'm glad I kept it!


More stuff coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment