Saturday, November 20, 2010

Granny Square-tastic!

Last time I mentioned Granny Squares... Well I've been doing a little bit each day and so I thought I'd share a few pics of what I've made so far.


I found a video on You Tube about how to make SunRise Granny Squares and so I got started. I'm planning to make a blanket of some kind with these and as I've only completed six, I've got a long way to go. Also there might be quite a variation in colour throughout, as I'm not sure I'll be able to match the colours I've been using so far.


Besides the crocheting, life has been continuing along. The weather in Mumbai seems a bit screwed up - It's meant to be moving towards winter, but it's really hot still. And to add to that, there was the biggest downpour on Monday evening; a proper storm with thunder and lightening resulting in my car becoming a paddling pool again!

Last night I had a bit of a scare as my dog was really unwell and had to be rushed to the vets. She ended up having two injections and has medicine to take three times a day for the next few days. After a good night's sleep she seems much better; she woke me up by sitting on me (all 27 kilograms of her) and licking my face (yeeeuucccchhhh - not a nice way to start the day!).

I have a busy crocheting weekend ahead, as next week is going to be crazy busy at work. I'm attending a workshop from Monday to Wednesday about accelerated learning techniques and at the same time have to complete material for a 4 hour training module that will start from the following week. I don't think I'll have any time for anything besides eat - work - sleep (and walk Coco) next week.


So I'd better make a move as I need some more green yarn so I can make a yellow and green SunRise Granny Squares...

No comments:

Post a Comment