Sunday, November 14, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

I've been really quite busy lately. Not too busy for craft, journaling, zentangling or cooking, but I've been a bit behind in blogging about it all.

So back last month when I started hooking, I found these cute, Roly Poly Bunnies... only when I started I could tell this wasn't coming out quite right. So I keep putting off making the rest of it. I currently have a bit of a misshapen lump rather than a cute bunny head and body. And I'm a little confused about how to make the ears, so I'm waiting for a while until I get better at this sort of thing!


My next adventure was into Granny Hearts as I found a fab tutorial on The Royal Sister's blog. The one I made came out really well and added to my coaster collection. I really like the idea of creating a banner out of these, but I'm a bit impatient you see, and tend to hop, skip and jump through projects.


I then came back to Hawaiian Flowers and made another really bright flower... just got to work out what to do with them now!


When I journal, I often follow prompts and a couple of weeks back I'd journalled about what I wanted to learn in the near future. One of the things I'd listed was Knitting, but I thought it'd be some time before I got round to it. Obviously the fates thought otherwise, and as part of the pre-work for a workshop I'm due to attend soon, I was asked to spend about an hour trying to learn something new and share a few words about the experience on the workshop's community website. (My words were: Confused, Trial-and-Error with lot's of error!, Beaming :D)
This is what I've knitted so far and it's on the way to becoming a new pink collar for Coco!


Finally, this time last week (Sunday evening) I sat and made two more cute notebooks / mini-journals, as two of my fab ladies had birthdays this week. I'm really pleased with them, and they were well received :D


This week has mostly been spent working too hard and spending much of my very limited free-time cooking, reading, journaling and playing with Coco-doggie. Yesterday I got the hook and yarn back out and I've gone back to the Granny Square, but a different version. More news about that another time, coz I'm itching to get back to the hook!

Catch you next time...

1 comment:

  1. I love the notebooks ... I didn't know u did stuff like this as well

    ReplyDelete