Sunday, November 28, 2010

Loverly Blooms


You may have seen the flowery head band that I made last week... well after writing my blog I made another one, this time a little smaller and I wore it as a brooch to work on Monday. I had a lot of nice comments from people, which prompted me to be brave (I've never worn any type of hair adornments in my life!) and wear my headband to work too - it was a hit! :D

I've also had a query from Karisse about how I made the headband, so now I've a little time to myself, I thought I'd let you all in on the secret. I've found the wonderful Art of Crochet by Theresa on You Tube.


The flower I user to make the headband is the Loopy Flower.

I just changed colour for the last round to make two tome flowers, and for the brooch, I made 8 SC in the chain loop in Round 1 and reduced the number of repeats in the rest of the rounds from 4 repeats to 3 to make 6 petals rather than 8!

Now I'm wondering if I can modify the pattern in some way to make a third layer of petals...That's a problem to think about later today!

Have a great weekend all... and please do check out Karisse's fantastic blog :D

No comments:

Post a Comment